My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

Terry and I met in November of 2000. We were married November of 2001. We had Ty November of 2002 and Alex in May of 2004. How is that for moving fast?!?! The boys are the love of our lives along with family and friends but ultimately God! We love God and are striving to please Him. We are actively involved in our church here in town--Life Church of Fort Collins. We love it. Come visit sometime!

Thursday, January 25, 2007

7 years







Well, today is the 7 year anniversary of my mother's passing. Although it has been 7 years, I don't think that this feeling will ever really go away. The feeling is the one where I just want one more day or hour to talk to her, see her face, and hug her. I find memories fading and I hate that. I long to ask her questions about life. Get advice from her on raising my boys and my relationship with my husband. No one else can really fill that need for a daughter. I think part of the reason I am even blogging this today is to tell everyone out there whose parents are living to make the very best of it. Mend differences between you and your parents if there are any. Say you are sorry for things before it is too late. Don't hold on to silly grievances. Take as many pictures as you can of those you love. Make memories with them. Make every day count and tell those around you how much they mean to you. My mom meant the world to me. I remember going through times of not getting along when I was a teenager. But she was my best friend. She is in a better place today and I wonder sometimes what she is doing--who she is talking to today---maybe Mary, John, or Paul. That is such a neat thought. I know she is without pain and happy. But I still miss her and love her soooo much. So today I will think of my mom with a smile on my face but a longing in my heart to be with her. Thank you, mom, for being such a wonderful example to me. I only hope that I can be as much of an influence in my boys life as you were in mine.

8 Comments:

Blogger The Barkers said...

Karmen,
Thanks for sharing your heart on a difficult day with a difficult subject. I'm praying for you as well as your brother's today. I can't believe its been 7 years. Little Emma was just 1 1/2 months old. I remember the time well.
I'm going to see Kurt, LaDean and the kids tomorrow. Its neat that they live close now. I'm excited to show them Jonas.
Sarah

11:27 AM  
Blogger Kris Stephens said...

It is hard to believe that it's been 7 years since Mom passed away. I was thinking of that just last night as I realized the date. Sometimes I wonder how life would have been different these past 7 years if mom had still been around, but then I realize that it really doesn't matter. This is what God has had for us, and His grace has been sufficient every step along the way. As much as I would also love to have one more conversation with her, one more hug, etc. I don't wish her back into this sin-cursed world. Right now, she is with Jesus. She is no longer seeing through a glass dimly, but now face to face (1Cor. 13:12). I too cannot wait to join her there in that eternal worship service of our great God!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Stephens said...

I love you Karmen, and I am praying for you. Thanks for helping us stop and recall the memories of Mom and all she meant to each of us. What an amazing lady she was!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

That is SUCH an absolutely beautiful post. I smiled as soon as your site loaded! That is exactly how I remember her. That is even how I remember Lauren :)

I love how much you love your mom and respect her. I want to be that kind of mom! That is my deepest desire. Hard part, is I feel like I have NO clue how. Teach me, Karmen, as you learn and remember as we are going through our journey as moms.

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Karmen,
It was good to read your thoughts today. What a wonderful tribute to your Mom! I know that anniversaries are an extra hard time--but God gets you through and is always faithful to be there for you and your family. Love the pictures of all of you--looks to me like you're doing a great job being a Mom!! I'm praying for you!

Sandy's Mom

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karmen,
My heart felt your pain as you long for your Mom. I could feel your deep love for her and I feel the same way, no one can take my Mom's place in my life. I will need you to comfort me the day that my Mom goes to Heaven, I might feel lonely, angry or jealous that God took her and left me to be here on earth without her to love and guide me. That day will come and I try to prepare for it and I am just glad that I will have Buddy to love me when I need it most. Aren't husbands wonderful! Please take note that you are a excellent mother to your boys, I can tell by every word that you write in this blog! Kris, is right, as hard as it is, you would not want your Mom back here on earth to go through the pains here, she is much happier with Jesus and with your Dad. I love you Karmen and I am praying for you today and everyday. I hope we can see each other again here on earth, seeing that we live so far apart. Thank you for all of your encouragement in my life the last 6 months!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Bevin said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Bevin said...

These pictures sure did bring back some great memories for me. Your mom was such a wonderful lady and had a real affect on my life. I can't wait to see her again someday, too.

(The last comment that was "removed by the author" was me - I had some typos, so I wanted to try again. :)

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page