My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

Terry and I met in November of 2000. We were married November of 2001. We had Ty November of 2002 and Alex in May of 2004. How is that for moving fast?!?! The boys are the love of our lives along with family and friends but ultimately God! We love God and are striving to please Him. We are actively involved in our church here in town--Life Church of Fort Collins. We love it. Come visit sometime!

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year


Wow, I can't believe another year has gone by. So much to look back on and laugh, cry, learn, and grow. Our babies have grown into boys this year, learning so much every day. I love to see them try new things, play together, use their imaginations, love each other and us, make new friends, and talk about God. Ty tells me often that he wants to go to Heaven. The other day, we were talking about Heaven. Ty told me that there were no toys in Heaven. When I asked him how he knew that he said, "Because Jesus gave them all to us...when I go to Heaven I will bring Him some toys to play with." I thought that was so precious. He is such a giving boy. He teaches me things every day. Alex has become very good at praying. He loves to thank Jesus for every thing he is looking at. Sometimes the prayers continue for quite a long time.... "thanks for my milk, thanks for my movie, thanks for the walls....etc..." =) Again, he teaches me things that I know only a child can teach! Well, I guess I am posting this blog mainly to share some goals with all of you. I want to keep myself accountable. My main goal this year is to be in the Bible every day--even if it is just reading to my boys. Another goal is to exercise at least 3 times a week. A goal that is rather hard when there is 3 feet of snow outside... Anyway, another goal is to use my time the way God wants me to. I have a tendancy to want to get my "to do" list finished. I think God's list for me is sometimes a little different. One last one is to tell people how much they mean to me. I have been blessed with so many wonderful friends. I love you all dearly. Thank you for being there for me through the many hard times. How would I have made it through losing my parents without so many of you. Thank you for your love for me and your prayers. My family---I have the best brothers a girl could have. They are awesome--and they have all married such incredible women who have become more than my sisters in law---they are my friends. My nieces and nephews are the best. I also have the best mother-in-law and father-in-law. They have treated me like their own daughter. And last but not least, all my men. Terry, Ty, and Alex, I love you more than I could ever explain. Thank you for making my life better. I love you all!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, now that you have made me cry, I've got to come up with some goals I want to accomplish this year too. Thanks for the kick in the behind to get me going! Have a wonderful new year. I'm so glad we gotten back in touch.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

Great goals! Accoutability has been key for me too :) You guys just have the cutest little guys! I am sure snowball fights count as your three times :)

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was talking to my Mom, her Mom died just a few months ago. She said that she is so sad and in pain because she will never see her parents again because as far as we know they did not accept Jesus in their hearts. Ever since she got saved 30 plus years ago she witness to them. I knew your parents and loved them too, being my pastor and pastor's wife. The hope that you have, you know 100% that you will see them in Heaven again, its only a short wait. The moment they took their last breath here on earth they were standing in front of Jesus who they served for years and years. They will see others that they helped led to Jesus. I have always been a little fearful of living for ever and ever and ever in Heaven and never dying. What will I be doing for eternity? So what helped me was when I was at church recently I thought about how much fun it will be in Heaven with all of our love ones, and the Bible people, all of the laughter, songs, talks etc... I thought about what it would be like to see Jesus laugh and get a hug from Him!
I am so proud of you Karmen, you have done so well and in great spirits, a wonderful wife and mother! Thank you for your life, your a blessing to me! As my Dad always says, keep on the victory side and know that Jesus is coming back for us soon!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Kris Stephens said...

I finally got around to reading this post. It's neat to see what God is teaching you and the way that He is teaching it to you! Kid's can be so much fun, and yet so frustrating at the same time, you know?! Your goals are great. Keep at them. Even if you slack off in one area, get back up and keep going. Your comment about your brothers is way overrated, at least when applied to Kurt and Karl! Ha, Ha!

Love ya!

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page